The True Cost was filmed all over the world, from the brightest runways to the darkest slums, and featuring interviews with the world's leading influencers including Stella McCartney, Livia Firth, Vandana Shiva and Safia Minney.
After studying cinematography at the Los Angeles Film School, Andrew Morgan co-founded "Untold Creative", a Los Angeles based, internationally recognized hybrid filmmaking studio where he holds the position of a creative director. He also writes for the "Huffington Post" and gives lectures about the power of storytelling in order to fight for human rights and for a better world.
in this episode we talk about:
- how to choose stories that shape the world
- the power of storytelling
- the background of Andrew Morgan
- how human rights, global inequality, and extreme poverty are connected
- Business that is leading to a huge loss of life
- Interviews as a way to do research
- the unseen Side of creative and beautiful fashion business.
- How to get people introduced to the idea of ethical fashion
- What starting a business, giving birth to a child and making a film have in common?
- different stages of a project
- the use of Kick-Starter for initial funding
- crowdsourcing as a tool for Proof of Concept
- be a host for "the True cost" in your city
- incredible facts about increasing fashion consumption
- how did making this film changed personal fashion habits?
- solutions for a better fashion world
- how to recognise greenwashing
- put your focus on storytelling
- the best story will raise on the surface
- about an inspiring pioneer of the ethical fashion world
- everyone wants to be inspired and invited to a touching story!
- customers are able to tell which stories are true
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
True Cost Movie
How to Host a Screening
Stella Mc Cartney
THANKS FOR LISTENING!